Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

V National Meeting of the Passat ( 12,13,14/09 2014 Caxambu -MG - Brazil)

V National Meeting of the Passat ( 12,13,14/09 2014 Caxambu -MG - Brazil) 15 Sep 2014 19:58 #8687

• John Adamo
  • L Plater
  • Thank you received: 3
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Happened this past weekend in Caxambu in the state of Minas Gerais, the Fifth National meeting of the Passat. The event also celebrated the 40 years of the vehicle's launch in Brazil.

Here you can see photos of some of the cars present at the meeting.

Enjoy it. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

V National Meeting of the Passat ( 12,13,14/09 2014 Caxambu -MG - Brazil) 15 Sep 2014 20:58 #8688

What an amazing display! In photo 13, is that an all original factory interior? I can't remember seeing door cards like that, before.

V National Meeting of the Passat ( 12,13,14/09 2014 Caxambu -MG - Brazil) 16 Sep 2014 12:23 #8689

• John Adamo
  • L Plater
Frank the Dasher wrote:
What an amazing display! In photo 13, is that an all original factory interior? I can't remember seeing door cards like that, before.

The interior is not original, it is similar. The original fabric of the seats and side door, it is virtually impossible to find nowadays.

This fabric belongs to the GOLF

Last Edit: 16 Sep 2014 12:32 by John Adamo.

V National Meeting of the Passat ( 12,13,14/09 2014 Caxambu -MG - Brazil) 16 Sep 2014 20:48 #8690

Ah, it's from the GTI Golf then, the classic plaid fabric. Looks good in the Passat, this style is unique to the Brazilian cars though, the German ones never tried doing material inserts in the doors like that.

V National Meeting of the Passat ( 12,13,14/09 2014 Caxambu -MG - Brazil) 17 Sep 2014 03:51 #8691

• tonyaudifox
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Formula Vee Champ
  • Thank you received: 17
I to like the fabric on the door cards. I have never seen this before. The pictures are great. Thanks for the contribution.
Tony

V National Meeting of the Passat ( 12,13,14/09 2014 Caxambu -MG - Brazil) 17 Sep 2014 12:17 #8692

• John Adamo
  • L Plater
Glad you liked the photos.

In the same place there was the 5th Meeting AGMH of Vintage Vehicles, for more information and pictures you can access the Portal Maxicar .

Beware, there is a lot of "ugly people" in the photos .... :laugh:
Last Edit: 17 Sep 2014 12:20 by John Adamo.

V National Meeting of the Passat ( 12,13,14/09 2014 Caxambu -MG - Brazil) 18 Sep 2014 14:51 #8697

• tonyaudifox
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Formula Vee Champ
  • Thank you received: 17
Well you can include me in the ugly category of people. As long as they are happy. :)
In one of the pictures, I see a switch on the floor that looks like you use your foot to operate it.
Is this factory or custom? Never seen this before either.

Tony

V National Meeting of the Passat ( 12,13,14/09 2014 Caxambu -MG - Brazil) 18 Sep 2014 17:32 #8698

• John Adamo
  • L Plater
tonyaudifox wrote:
Well you can include me in the ugly category of people. As long as they are happy. :)
In one of the pictures, I see a switch on the floor that looks like you use your foot to operate it.
Is this factory or custom? Never seen this before either.

Tony

I don't consider myself beautiful but I'm also very happy to have a Passat. :laugh:

If was this part circled in the picture as number 1, is the drive for the splash of water on the windshield (I do not know the English name for this command :unsure: ). In more sophisticated models such as the LS, LSE and TS, the command was on a lever behind the steering wheel / number 2.

During those decades of production of the Passat, this solution was to cut costs.

Nowadays there are still solutions to lower production costs but is not as frequent as it was back then.

John

V National Meeting of the Passat ( 12,13,14/09 2014 Caxambu -MG - Brazil) 18 Sep 2014 20:49 #8700

Ah, water for the wiper, to clean the glass? Interesting, a foot operated mechanism. In all the model Passats here that I've seen, none have had this. I wonder if this is another Brazilian only thing? So then the steering column only has the turn signal arm, I take it? And not the wiper arm. And you cannot install one later because the cowling doesn't have the cut out for it.

V National Meeting of the Passat ( 12,13,14/09 2014 Caxambu -MG - Brazil) 19 Sep 2014 11:10 #8705

• John Adamo
  • L Plater
Frank the Dasher wrote:
Ah, water for the wiper, to clean the glass? Interesting, a foot operated mechanism. In all the model Passats here that I've seen, none have had this. I wonder if this is another Brazilian only thing? So then the steering column only has the turn signal arm, I take it? And not the wiper arm. And you cannot install one later because the cowling doesn't have the cut out for it.

This type of mechanism operated by foot was used in the Beetle, made here before 1976.

Then became a solution to lower the price. On the steering column had only the signal arm.

To modify the mechanism would have to trade for this part below, as well as electrical installation.

Last Edit: 19 Sep 2014 11:12 by John Adamo. Reason: error type

V National Meeting of the Passat ( 12,13,14/09 2014 Caxambu -MG - Brazil) 19 Sep 2014 22:19 #8710

Yeah, the cowling! So you would have to swap it, I thought so. How interesting. I can see why they did it though, for economic reasons. Our base model Passats didn't have this though, but they didn't have the arm rest on the doors, instead. Or chrome around the windscreen.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Who's Online

We have 79 guests and 2 members online

Subscribe to the
(occasional) newsletter.