Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

CarSales.com.au - 1977 VW Passat hatchback in QLD for $6900

CarSales.com.au - 1977 VW Passat hatchback in QLD for $6900 11 Oct 2017 09:24 #10986

Found here:

www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Volk...SSE-AD-5020839/?Cr=0
1977 Volkswagen Passat GLS Manual

$6900

CLASSIC 70'S 2-DOOR FASTBACK , DESIGNED WITH GERMAN STYLING AND DISTINCTIVE BOLD FRONT BOX GRILLE

HISTORY

1st owner - Owned by insurance salesman in rural WA & NSW. Clocked up 68,000 km in first 3 years; Full logbooks; Sold 1980

2nd owner - Older Brisbane couple. Minimal use. Clocked up 34,000 km is 35 years up to 2015; "Drove it to church on Sundays"; Fully garaged; Full logbooks and service history.

3rd owner - ME. Bought in 2015 as a first car. Serviced when needed during this time, with records.

BODY

No known previous accidents; Minor dent repair on the rear LHS, otherwise all good; Original paint job with minor rust spots on various locations; Past repaint to bonnet with some fading and rust spots; All original seals in good condition; Tyres in VGC have done 6,000 km.

MOTOR

Has been a reliable car; No problems with starting; Mechanical condition is average for age; HAS BEEN DRIVEN WITH RESPECT!; Needs repair for slipping clutch; Front LH wheel bearing needs replacement but still drivable.

INTERIORS

ALL ORIGINAL INTERIORS AND SEALS; All vinyl surfaces inside are in VGC; Dash has some cracks to vinyl, but expected as it is original; Carpet in VGC;

ACCESSORIES

Car cover to suite car shape ($120 Super Cheap); Old school AM Radio in dash (antenna and power running to other head unit); Tow cables, wheel jack jumper leads; 3 sets of keys; Kenwood KMM-BT302 Dual Bluetooth with AUX & USB input/charge; Pioneer TS-G1645R 250WATT MAX COAXIAL speakers (original speaker facials placed over the top); NOTE: car not smoked in; Orange wooden toolbox with tools, fuses and light replacements

SELLING POINTS

Original logbooks, service books, pamphlets workshop manual; Foldable and removable backseats; Removable "racing style" centre console for more spacious look, 3 holes console. Roof railings if you want to put on roof racks; Krooklock steering bar; Original belt & belt buckles; Lockable glove box RARE vintage RACQ sticker decals; Original removable boot cover with installed support beam; All original glass in great condition (German sticker on windscreen); Original Motor map on underside of bonnett

WORK DONE TO CAR

Newly replaced fog/lights switch; Frequently applied vinyl and plastic protector; Wooden replacement tyre hole cover for flush boot space; All chrome cleaned and came up very nicely; VW tyre valve caps ordered online and customized by me (has 1 replacement); Rain reservoir cleaned and sealed for future damage prevention; New muffler installed; Cleaned and flushed radiator; Wheels painted and chrome hubcaps restored to former glory; Radiator duct flanges replaced for better wind funneling; Fan switch button and cable running to motor bay for radiator cooling switch (not wired up yet); Engine bay boarders sealed with new paint for rust prevention; Rear bumper mounts sanded and rust protected; Interior door light replaced; Painted window wiper arms & replaced blades; Penetrol put on the bumper guards and grill to restore; Added passenger quarter glass handle (not original) to allow it to work; Added extendable poles in boot for boot item mountings (removed but come with the car)

SPARE PARTS

3 chrome wheel caps and mounting clips; Steering wheel horn plate; Muffler; 7 bottles of fuel additive; 2 air filters; Radiator belt; Side mirror replacement; MISC. Original Classic 70's Unique Bold Style and Simplicity. This much loved car looking for a respectful owner. Good Bones and Body- As-is or great for refurbishment. Please message me if you would like to come and inspect the car.

A hatchback B1!

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Pity someone's hacked into the door cards (and potentially the doors) to mount those speakers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CarSales.com.au - 1977 VW Passat hatchback in QLD for $6900 17 Oct 2017 10:46 #10993

• myuzername
  • Licensed To Drive
  • Thank you received: 5
Wow, must admit I haven't actually seen a hatch in the metal myself, and this one isn't far from me either! Certainly looks tidy for it's age.

CarSales.com.au - 1977 VW Passat hatchback in QLD for $6900 17 Oct 2017 20:30 #10997

I know of a couple of hatches here, the hatch is actually pretty big. The Seat Toledo had a similar hatch that when open, well you could stuff a couch in there :D

CarSales.com.au - 1977 VW Passat hatchback in QLD for $6900 19 Oct 2017 15:01 #11002

• tonyaudifox
  • Formula Vee Champ
  • Thank you received: 17
That's amazing for a 77. Somebody took good care of it. $6900? Probably could get it. It would cost a lot more to restore one. And this one looks original. :woohoo:
I agree about the speakers in the doors. The cards look amazing too. It's missing a cover for the jack and tool storage. I wonder if it's the same one used on the wagon. I have one of those.
Last Edit: 19 Oct 2017 15:05 by tonyaudifox.

CarSales.com.au - 1977 VW Passat hatchback in QLD for $6900 20 Oct 2017 00:06 #11003

If you're thinking of importing it via my place, Tony, just make note:

Needs repair for slipping clutch; Front LH wheel bearing needs replacement but still drivable.

Better to get it flatbedded to my place ;)

CarSales.com.au - 1977 VW Passat hatchback in QLD for $6900 20 Oct 2017 02:12 #11005

• tonyaudifox
  • Formula Vee Champ
Ha Ha I wish I had room. I would keep this one in my garage. Too bad it's not local.
It's been a long time since I saw one of these around here.
I'll keep your offer in mind. :)

CarSales.com.au - 1977 VW Passat hatchback in QLD for $6900 20 Oct 2017 04:15 #11006

A clutch and bearing we can fix for you ;) And there's always

www.aussiecarimports.com/cost.html

;)

CarSales.com.au - 1977 VW Passat hatchback in QLD for $6900 23 Oct 2017 15:30 #11013

• tonyaudifox
  • Formula Vee Champ
Ha Ha don't temp me mate. That is a great offer. I have the 79Audi Fox Wagon that is getting some attention now. This will be the next project that will take me down the road for a few years.
That Passat is a keeper. :)

CarSales.com.au - 1977 VW Passat hatchback in QLD for $6900 23 Oct 2017 22:41 #11014

Oh yes your wagon! I should dig up the photos I took of that and pop them on here, I don't think I got around to that! So very cool.

CarSales.com.au - 1977 VW Passat hatchback in QLD for $6900 06 Nov 2017 07:50 #11028

There's been a price drop on the listing to $5900.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Who's Online

We have 42 guests and no members online

Subscribe to the
(occasional) newsletter.